Taste NY Market
Finger Lakes Welcome Center
Market Supervisor - Position Description
The Market Supervisor Position requirements:
- 30-35 hours per week during spring/summer (May – October)
- 20-25 hours fall/winter (November – April)
- Experience in restaurant, management, serve safe - - is desired but not necessary
- Minimum work period: All holidays, days, nights, weekends as scheduled
- Start Date: Immediately
Position reports to: Market Manager, Taste NY Market, Finger Lakes Welcome Center
Minimum age: 18
Minimum work period: All holidays, days, nights, weekends as scheduled
Summary:Ability to perform and at times oversee, all functions in the Taste NY Market, and assist in creating a positive economic impact for the Finger Lakes Region. Must be able to provide friendly, courteous service to the visitors of the Taste NY Market and Welcome Center, promoting and educating the public on the New York State Agri-tourism industry by acting as a Brand Ambassador of the State’s Taste NY campaign.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service, always
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements, staff members and visitors
- Develop and maintain high-quality customer service skills
- Assist Market Manger in sourcing, training and retaining staff members
- Coach staff members in executing Market standards and be knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
- Promote excellent standards of safety and cleanliness, ensuring all counters, work areas through-out the Welcome Center are clean, tidy and hygienic
- Maintaining food safety, cleanliness of equipment, sanitation, and alcohol standards to ensure a safe work and visitor environment, including coolers, freezer, and dry storage.
- Regularly perform temperature checks and report any variances to management and ensure corrective action takes place, if necessary
- Properly use and maintain equipment and report any necessary repairs to Market Manager and/or General Manager
- Take orders, prepare food and beverage items, while being attentive to visitor requests
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the menu, ingredients, and assembling food items
- Assist other staff members to complete opening, closing, prep list, freeze pull lists, and cleaning lists
- Operate Point-of-Sale (cash register) system by processing payments while adhering to cash procedures
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with policies and procedures when Market Manager is not on site
- Processing administrative tasks, such as providing daily sales and expenditures to the Finance Manager, approving and transmitting invoices to the Finance Manager for payment when Market Manager is not on site
- Assisting in weekly inventory
- Participate and contribute in team meetings
- Partake in on-going training, such as ServSafe and TIPs, as requested
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by management
Personal Traits and Skills:
- Be a strong team player, with a commitment to continuous learning, providing high quality service to our visitors
- Possess a pleasant demeanor, demonstrate good listening skills and is polite and approachable
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image
- Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other staff members and able to multitask with a strong sense of discipline and urgency
Education and/or Experience:
- Possess knowledge of basic mathematical and reading skills, sanitation, safety, and customer service
- Ability to operate a cash register and/or POS system
- Meet the minimum age requirement of this Position
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Obtain and maintain a current ServSafe Certification throughout employment
- Obtain and maintain a current Training for Intervention ProcedureS (TIPS) Certification throughout employment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by you to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position you are regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell and you will be required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. You must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Present yourself in a pleasant manner when interacting with staff members and visitors.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that you will encounter while performing the essential functions of this position and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position you will be frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat and you will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes & airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, Etc. is required.