Friday, November 18, 2016 at the
Finger Lakes Community College Student Center
The Nine ATHENA Award Nominees are
Nine women have been nominated for the coveted ATHENA honor. The individuals nominated this year exemplify the qualities of leadership in the 21st Century; Learning, Authentic Self, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Relationships, Celebration & Joy, Giving Back, and Fierce Advocacy.
- Donna Besler, Executive Director, Care Net Pregnancy Center
- Deborah Jones, Director, Obstetrics, FF Thompson Hospital
- Michelle Pedzich, Director of Human Resources, Canandaigua National Bank
- Stella Pennise, Former Owner, Flowers by Stella
- Patricia Phillips, Branch Manager, Woodforest National Bank of Canandaigua
- Margaret M. Reston, Attorney and Partner, Muldoon, Getz & Reston, Attorneys at Law
- Liz Ridgway, Social Service & Senior Program Director, The Salvation Army Canandaigua Corps.
- Ann Scheetz, Executive Director, Ontario ARC
- Sarah D. Utter, Victim/Witness Assistance Coordinator, Ontario County District Attorney’s Office and Principal Owner, Finger Lakes Gallery and Frame
Join us in congratulating each one of them for this prestigious nomination which recognizes their community leadership, professional achievements, and their personal and professional support of other women.
The Canandaigua ATHENA program will also be awarding the Canandaigua ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award. This recognition is for an emerging woman leader, 40 years of age or younger, who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession, provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in her community, and clearly serves as a role model for young women both personally and professionally.
The Five ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Nominees are:
The 32nd Annual ATHENA Awards Dinner will be held Friday, November 18th at the Finger Lakes Community College Student Center
- Jaclyn Benham, Associate Financial Representative, The Constantino Financial Group @ Northwestern Mutual
- Kathryn Bluett, Practice Manager, Anthony Jordan Health at CCIA
- Heidi King, Assistant Branch Manager, Lyons National Bank
- Emily S. Palumbos, Senior Planning Associate, MRB Group
- Kimberly A. Sorel, Assistant Vice President, Community Office Manager, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
. Keynote speaker will be Dr. Barbara Risser, president emeritus, Finger Lakes Community College speaking on this year's theme, Authentic Self. A media presentation will be shown at the dinner featuring this year’s ATHENA Award nominees. The evening begins with cocktails at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:45 p.m. and presentation of the ATHENA and the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership awards. There will also be a silent auction to win some wonderful items.
Reservations are available at the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce at $55 per person. If you would like to be a Gold Sponsor and purchase an entire table of eight with advertising, the cost is $750. Reservations must be made through Elisha Everson, Manager of Communications & Events at the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce by calling (585) 394-4400, ext. 203 or email email@example.com.
Support the program
2016 Sponsorship Opportunities
Donate a silent auction item by October 28th delivered to the Chamber.
*A portion of proceeds goes towards women's scholarships!
For a list of previous ATHENA Awards Recipients.